Monday, November 16, 2009

Finding the Perfect Sponsor in MLM

So you have made the decision to jump into Network Marketing. The next step after choosing the company is finding your sponsor.Why is this an important topic? Simply because your sponsor can be the most important asset you have in building your MLM company. Lets explore the role of a sponsor ,how they impact your business, and why finding the right one is so important!


1.)Business coach:   As a sponsor,one of my primary roles is to be a business coach for my team. A good sponsor keeps information flowing to my down-line. Whether it be about new products, new recruiting tools, company events,or corporate updates, I need to always be passing this information forward. Being a sponsor does not mean I know everything, I just know where to find the answers and how to get them to the most people in the most efficient way. My job as a sponsor is to be available as a resource to my team in all areas of business building.  I feel that researching and sharing information on business building of all types, not just MLM can add value. The primary focus is of course building your MLM business, but I have found valuable ideas in all areas of business that have had a positive impact on my business.

2.)Personal development coach: As your sponsor my other important role is this. To help you become the best you possible. The way to success in Network Marketing is to build a team. This does not mean simply signing up the most people that you can and then hoping for the best. I believe that by helping my team grow and develop as people, the rewards will be great. By helping you to succeed only then can I succeed. I believe that the best sponsor is there to be a friend, mentor and cheerleader when you need one. But also, a good sponsor knows when it is time to stop holding your hand and give you a shove out of your comfort zone. I need to teach you to become better than you are now.


We all have come into this business looking for success. No matter what business you are in, having the right person to guide you along the path makes the journey easier. When you start your search for a sponsor, keep in mind a few last tips. This is someone you choose to do business with. They are your business partner NOT your boss. We are all in this together. Interview your potential sponsor, find out if you are comfortable with them. Do you share the same values, work ethic, world view? Are you comfortable with this person? Do they inspire you to do better? Are they someone you'd enjoy spending time with? If you answer NO to these questions, keep looking!! You will find the right person and the right company if you are patient and do your homework. 

If you give a man a fish he eats for a day, if you teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment